Related Posts with Thumbnails

Cinnamun buns....oh how thee haunt me!

Ah yes, sorry for the lack of posts. I've been uber busy with school. In fact...I should probably be working on my Law Essay instead of posting....but alas I am here!;)

Today, Im going to blog about Cinnamon Buns:



Is there anything better? :) Well a little while ago, my mom said she had a killer crave for cinnamon buns.I obliged. Instead of going to my "go-to" cinamon bun recipe, I tried one that was called "Clone of a Cinnabon"...I thought ,...you cant go wrong with that right? So I tried it.

Man.

It was brutal.

The recipe's dough was supposed to be made with a bread maker, So I startd adding the ingridints to the mixer. But soon I realized the recipe was WAY to big. I recuded the flour, and the bowl for the mixer was FULL. Needless to say, the mixing didnt work out in the breadmachine...:/

So I tossed it ino my kitchen aid mixer. That didnt work too well either.

So....I threw it in a bowl and kneaded by hand. Then I left it to poof a little...and it OVER poofed :P

aye-vay.



needless to say...it was a disaster.

So. I went back to my own recipe. It really is a wonderful recipe. I *love* it so very much! Its UBER simple to make and tastes DELICIOUSSS! Its a recipe that everyone....EVERYONE asks me for....but for some reason I could nevr quite bring myself to share it...its just *that*special ;)

I dont know why I *had* to try the other recipe.....even though this one is so yummy but I did...(and I plan on giving it ONE more shot....just dividing the recipe in half!)

So without further adu....here is the recipe!:)

Easy Peasy Cinnamon Buns

Makes about 15.... I usually double the recipe...or even quadruple it ;)

Dough:

2 cups of flour
2 TBSP granulated Sugar
1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp Baking Powder ** I know its a lot! But it makes the buns POOF incredibly!
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 cup butter (or margarine)
3/4 cup milk

1. Preheat oven to 350F

2. In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingridients.

3. Cut in the butter and mix until crumbly
4. Make a well in the center of the mix, and pour the milk into the middle.
5. Stir to form a soft dough adding a bit more flour or milk as necessary. ( I usually use a pair of clean hands ;) )
6. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface, and kneed a few times.
7. Roll the dough into a rectangle. I have found that when the dough is rolled out horizontally it yields more cinnamon buns, and when rolled vertically, it yields bigger buns.




Topping:

1/3 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon

1. There are different ways to spread the topping in, but my favourtie way is to spread the butter all over the dough with a butter knife, like you would spread butter on toast. its the easiest and most convinient way to do it. Also, since the butter isnt melted...it wont ooze out when you roll it. Then just sprinkle on the brownsuagr and cinnamon...ofcourse adjust the amount to taste...I personally LOVE a LOT more cinamonn and sometimes even add some walnuts!



Then Roll up the dough like a jelly roll to make it into a long narrow log. Cut into 15 equal slices (or as much as youd like)

Place the buns into a greased baking ban. by baking pan I dont mean a sheet pan but a baking one...like this one (it doesnt have to be springform!)

Allow at least an inch all around for each cinnamon bun, because these things poof like crazy when baked.

Bake for about 15 min or until light brown.

Top it off with some glaze (mix 1/2cup icing sugar with 1 tbsp milk) or make cream cheese frosting or anything else you like to put on top!



Enjoy! Let me know in the comments if you do make it! I'd love to see pics!

Well thats it for now...Its 10:39 pm...and I should probably get to that pesky Law essay...:/ *sigh* only 5 more weeks of school left before exams!


Elyse  – (March 2, 2009 at 3:11 AM)  

I've been craving cinnamon buns, and now I have to make them. Hearing your description of this recipe--and seeing those delicious pictures--I just have to have these buns NOW! They look soooo good.

Sakorarox  – (March 2, 2009 at 9:59 AM)  

lol they areee! :)

Let me know if you make them ;)

oneordinaryday  – (March 2, 2009 at 3:53 PM)  

They look absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Michelle
http://oneordinaryday.wordpress.com/

Erin  – (March 2, 2009 at 6:36 PM)  

I have a veeery similar (almost identical) recipe to this that I learned in grade 8 cooking class and just recently I tried making savoury buns with it and it turned out so well!
I've also put a mixture of cocoa powder, sugar and chocolate chips and I think that might be my favorite way to have them.
I make them in a muffin tin, though, so they're much smaller.

Meg  – (March 3, 2009 at 10:09 AM)  

I have been looking for a super easy looking recipe with few ingredients. My daughter and I just might try this one today.

Sakorarox  – (March 3, 2009 at 11:00 AM)  

Ohhh chocolateeee I never thought of that Erin! lol I *must* try that now!

And if anyboyd does make the cinnamon buns, post a link of the pic!:) Id like to see it :D

ern  – (March 4, 2009 at 2:23 AM)  

shoot, i don't know what i did wrong but mine didn't puff up at all! they still taste good (sort of biscuit-y) but maybe my baking powder is no good? weird. i believe you that they're supposed to puff up so i must have done something wrong! i did have to add an extra 1/2 cup of flour because it was WAY too sticky to roll out. oh well, better luck next time!

Sakorarox  – (March 4, 2009 at 7:14 PM)  

Thats too bad Erin! :/ Yah I'm guessing it was probably the Baking Powder? At least it tasted good!:)

(and I dont think it would have been the 1/2 cup flour...I always add a lot but it still poofs...)

Good luck next time!:)

Anonymous –   – (March 12, 2009 at 8:41 AM)  

Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe!
I made it last night and the results were absolutely fantastic! I added sultanas (pre-soaked in hot water and then drained) and custard over the top, which made them into a cinnabon/danish pastry hybrid :)

Alexandra
(London, UK)

Anonymous –   – (March 21, 2009 at 10:57 AM)  

I made these today! Here is a picture: http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs029.snc1/2656_1126209875956_1248437685_30369377_6658798_n.jpg

I tried these mainly because they have baking powder instead of yeast, which I usually use. I like the scone-ish texture and they taste great :) Also, it barely takes any time at all to make them.

hwyaden  – (March 29, 2009 at 3:54 PM)  

I just made these, they are fantastic! adding walnut pieces work great too. Yum yum :P

Ffion
(Belfast, Ireland)

ardie  – (March 31, 2009 at 12:56 AM)  

hi,
i made them too, and they tasted great but didnt puff that much (a little, yeah). My powder is pretty new so it wasn't that. Maybe I should have rolled the dough out thicker? I dunno. I'll try again!

Thanks for posting this easy recipe though..I HATE waiting for dough to rise!!!

~Ardie

Unknown  – (November 29, 2009 at 4:14 PM)  

Thank you! These were the best cinnamon buns I've ever made. I much prefer this method to the yeast kind. I put a little bit of cream cheese and condensed milk in my frosting.mmmmmmmmmm.

Katie  – (May 20, 2010 at 1:37 AM)  

Not only was this the easiest cinnamon bun recipe I've ever used, it was one of the easiest recipes period! I even made it vegan by replacing the butter with Earth Balance, and the milk w/ soy milk. Still turned out fabulously! Thank you!

Anonymous –   – (June 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM)  

these weren't the greatest, its better to use yeast, these taste like a Bisquick mix.

Anonymous –   – (September 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM)  

Yum! These are awesome! So glad I found this recipe. Made these in a whim tonight for dessert and I'm really glad I did. Thanks!

Unknown  – (January 21, 2015 at 11:36 PM)  

I'm totally making these tmrw morning!

Unknown  – (February 16, 2015 at 12:53 PM)  

I was happy to see a recipe not using yeast.

Anonymous –   – (July 11, 2015 at 2:03 PM)  

Hi,

i was looking for a recipe without a yeast (because I didnt have any at home and was to lazy to go to the store to buy one).
I wasnt expecting much from these buns, but I love them, love them, love them. They are AMAZING! I made frosting with powder sugar and lemon juice. They are delicious. I hope my co-workers are going to love them as much as I do.

Thank you very much for sharing this recipe.

Insiga (Germany)

Unknown  – (October 10, 2015 at 1:51 PM)  

Can you go ahead and make the dough/cinnamon rolls ahead of time? I'm wanting to prepare them tonight, then leave them in the fridge so that I can bake them in the morning.

$5 and Free Things Calendar  – (January 27, 2016 at 12:01 PM)  

They are in the oven right now! And smell fantastic.

$5 and Free Things Calendar  – (January 27, 2016 at 12:01 PM)  

They are in the oven right now! And smell fantastic.

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP