Related Posts with Thumbnails

Turkish Festival

**Please help me out by voting on the side bar…jump to the last paragraph for more details. Please and thank you! :) ***

Hello all!


I apologize for the lack of posts! After my last post, I got a bit sick with what I thought was a common cold. I figure all I should do is just rest lots and chug lots of OJ. After a week of this and not getting better, I went to the doctor who said don’t worrryyyy you’ll get better! And refused to give me antibiotics. Long story short, turns out I *needed* antibiotics! So anywho, all this to say that I was sick for about 3 weeks and have only started to get back on my feet. I promise I will update much, much, more this month! :)



Now, on to the Turkish Festival. I went there about a week ago, and we had a blast! Since I haven’t been baking I thought I would share my experience with you instead. We went on the weekend and there was much to enjoy. From face painting and inflated play structures to live pottery, clay/oil painting (literally painting with oil!), dance, music, and most importantly, LOTS OF YUMMY FOOD. Trust me. I know.


I went a little photo crazy so heres all the crafty stuff:







And here is all the food!





I had a delicious shish kebab….nice and spicy with marinated tomatoes and onions. Also enjoyed freshly baked, right on the spot spinach and cheese pitas, and some Turkish coffee. We also had some baklava, but it was a MAJOR rip off…$1.50 EACH! :o

Some people just take advantage don’t they?!

And of course lots of dancing!







Hopefully I will update with a foodie post sometime in the next few days (any ideas on what to make? :) )



**Also, could you guys please help me figure something out? When I go to food blogs I LOVE gawking at all the delicious pictures, and the bigger the better. However, a ‘friend’ rather rudely pointed out to me that I post ‘too many pictures’. I took it offensively at first, but now I’m pondering whether its annoying to my followers? If so, please let me know by voting on the side! Thank you for your help! :)

redmenace  – (August 6, 2010 at 2:17 PM)  

I wish I could have joined you. What an amazing festival. The color! The food! Glorious pictures! I hope you thoroughly enjoyed yourself. xoxoxo

Silvia1230  – (August 6, 2010 at 6:17 PM)  

Thank you for taking the pictures and for sharing them... keep posting your pictures ...

Faith  – (August 7, 2010 at 7:00 AM)  

I'm glad you're feeling better. What a great festival! The food looks delicious and I love the dancers' costumes. Great pictures! ;)

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP